Gale and Proquest have both announced complimentary access to selected databases during National Library week, April 11-17, 2010. Information and links to access are included below.
Some good stuff here:
- Archives Unbound — a vast new resource of topically-focused, cross-searchable digital collections of historical documents
- Career Transitions — a new electronic resource offering a comprehensive guide to career change
- Global Issues in Context — this online resource offers global news and perspectives on issues and events of international importance
- GREENR (Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources) — a new electronic resource offering authoritative reference content on the environment, energy, economic development and natural resources
- Grzimek’s Animal Life — an interactive, media-rich online resource, with information on more than 4,000 species
- CultureGramsTM explore the world’s cultures with local experts that document the history, customs, government, and daily life in multimedia reports on over 200 countries.
- eLibrary(R) this easy to use resource brings together content about in-demand subjects from millions of multimedia-rich, global resources.
- ProQuest(R) African American Heritage brings together records critical to African American family history research and connects users to a community of research experts.
- ProQuest Historical NewspapersTM – Black Newspapers experience history firsthand via continuous runs of the following full-image titles: The Baltimore Afro-American, Chicago Defender, Los Angeles Sentinel, and New York Amsterdam News.