Starting Tuesday, January 17, the library will be open Monday-Thursday, 8am-10:45pm; Friday, 8am-4:45pm; Saturday, 9am-3:45pm; and Sunday, 2pm-9:45pm.
Please note that the library will be CLOSED on President’s Day Holiday – Feb. 18 & 19. It is also closed on Spring Break (3/13-19) and for the Good Friday holiday (4/14-16).
For a complete list of hours, please go to http://library.ccsu.edu/calendar/month.php. The overall CCSU Academic Calendar can be downloaded from https://www.ccsu.edu/calendar/index.html.
Have a great semester!
The Elihu Burritt Library is excited to present our newly renovated CentralSEARCH.
CentralSEARCH, the library’s main discovery portal, has received a new look, some added functionality, and access to even more great resources. Our new system is integrated with 16 other academic institutions in the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities consortium, as well as the Connecticut State Library. As a result, you can expect increased access to and delivery of physical resources at all of these institutions.
With our new system, there will also be a new sign in to authenticate users when accessing their library account or when accessing library materials and online resources from off-campus. More information and instruction about this process can be found here:
CentralSEARCH Sign in Help
We expect there will be a few bumps along the way as we continue to customize the system to best meet the needs of our campus community and ask that you be patient with us throughout this transition.
If you have questions or encounter any issues, please contact the library at one of the numbers below or use our
Ask a librarian service.
Reference Department ext. 22060
Circulation Department ext. 23410
The Connecticut State Universities and the Connecticut State Library, members of the CONSULS resource sharing consortium, will discontinue the “REQUEST’ service to share books and media between all 5 libraries as of early morning on Friday, December 23, 2016. This action is taken in advance of the transition to the new expanded CSCU 18-member consortium. Request services will return on January. 9, 2017.
IF you need materials that are in the CONSULS Consortium collections, but not by CCSU library, you should place orders with our Interlibrary Loan office, using ILLiad. This temporary solution will expire on January 9, 2017.
We expect that materials will be continued to be shipped via usual channel and that there should not be a marked difference in delivery time.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah White, (860-832-3408) or Kim Farrington (860-832-3403), Head of Access Services.
From Dec., 19, 2016, to Jan. 16, 2017, the library will be open Monday through Friday, 8am-4:45pm. We will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays. We are also closed Monday, Dec. 26; Monday, Jan. 2; and Monday, Jan. 16 (Martin Luther King, Jr., Day).
For a complete list of hours, please go to library.ccsu.edu. Have a safe and wonderful holiday season, and enjoy the break!
Enjoy reading about the upcoming changes to the integrated library system. The article is from The Recorder, published on December 7, 2016.
Tension Prevention week is back. Take a break from studying with these activities proven to relax and rejuvenate!
- Monday, Dec. 5: 5pm-close Art Therapy (coloring books, puzzles); 6pm-coffee & cookies
- Tuesday, Dec. 6: 2-3pm Coloring books with the CCSU Counseling Society; 3:30-4:30 Therapy Dogs
- Wednesday, Dec. 7: 3-4pm Jazz Guitar Ensemble; 3-5:30pm Therapy dogs; 5pm-close Art Therapy; 6pm coffee & cookies
- Thursday, Dec. 8: 2pm Elihu Burritt’s birthday party (with cake & a poetry reading – 2nd floor Special Collections)
The library has got you covered for the week before and of Final Exams! Here are our special library hours starting Sunday, December 4:
Sunday, Dec. 4: 3pm-10:45pm
Monday, Dec. 5 – Wednesday, Dec. 7: 8am-11:45pm
Sunday, Dec. 11: 3pm-10:45pm
Monday, Dec. 12 – Wednesday, May 14: 8am-11:45pm
We are open regular hours on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. We will also be closed Saturday, Dec. 17, and Sunday, Dec. 18.
For a complete list of hours, please go to library.ccsu.edu. Best of luck with Finals!
Paws for Relaxation is back at the Burritt Library. Our therapy dogs will be joining us beginning tomorrow Dec. 1st at 4:30 p.m.
See the full schedule below:
LIBRARY AMNESTY DAY IS BACK!!!!
Wednesday, December 7!
Overdue fines for materials that have not been previously billed are forgiven when returned
all day long!!
The Fall 2016 Elihu Burritt Library Newsletter is here!
- Read about our successful “5 Minutes of My Favorite Book” event
- Get in on the Open Educational Resources (OER) movement, for the good of our students (and their wallets)
- Celebrate with us as we congratulate Undergraduate Research Award winners, and save the date for Elihu Burritt’s birthday party (yes, there will be cake)!
- Learn about the new look for CENTRALSearch as we look toward a new year
- Consider the importance of hearing different viewpoints as we reflect on Banned Books Week, and get to know library support staff member Kelly Moore
- As Library Director Carl Antonucci notes, the library is in the middle of a transformation; these are exciting times!
— On behalf of the editor, Briana McGuckin, Reference & Instructional Librarian