Help us develop a new logo for the library and you could win a Kindle Fire! Here are the complete entry rules:
Elihu Burritt Library Logo Contest
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Elihu Burritt Library. The logo will be used online, in print, on publications and in displays. The official rules for entering the contest and prize information are outlined herein.
The winner will receive a Kindle Fire and a certificate of appreciation.
The contest is open to all currently registered (Spring 2014) students (part-time/full-time, graduate, undergraduate, doctoral).
How to Enter
- Entries must be submitted via email in accordance to the submission guidelines.
- Entries must include the name, BlueNet ID, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
- All entries will be acknowledged with an email confirmation.
- One entry per person.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- All entries must be submitted by midnight of March 23, 2014.
- All entries must be original.
- All entries must contain the words: Central Connecticut State University (abbreviations accepted) and Elihu Burritt Library.
- Please email all entries to email@example.com
- Please use .svg or a similar format for graphics. If you do not have access to a program that can work with these image types, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-832-2076 for assistance.
- All entries must use CCSU’s school color scheme of Blue and White, as a general guideline CCSU blue is RGB color (R12 G31 B107) or if using html # 0c1f6b.
- Submissions should reflect the library’s mission statement. The library’s mission statement can also be found online at http://library.ccsu.edu/strategicplan/#missionstatement
The Elihu Burritt Library at Central CT State University satisfies the 21st century learning and research needs of its community of learners by facilitating knowledge creation and inspiring intellectual curiosity and lifelong learning.
In 2015, the Elihu Burritt Library will, for the campus community, be:
- An information laboratory for knowledge discovery, creation, sharing, and curation.
- Thoroughly integrated into the fabric of the University through innovative collaborations with teaching faculty, information technology, academic support services, and the community.
- A public commons equipped with flexible learning spaces for group interaction, educational programming, and individual pursuits.
- A catalyst for developing the habits of mind that enable critical thinking and the ethical use of information to support student academic excellence and lifelong learning.
Judging and selection of the winner
- Judging will be opened to the campus community and input will be sought from students, faculty and staff but the final judgment and winner selection will be made by the members of the Elihu Burritt Library Marketing Committee and the Department of Marketing and Communication.
- The Elihu Burritt Library Marketing Committee reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- The winning contestant will be asked to consent to the disclosure of his or her name so that he/she may be publically recognized by the Elihu Burritt Library and Central Connecticut State University.
- The winner will be announced on April 25th, 2014.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All entries will become the sole property of the Elihu Burritt Library and may be displayed publicly.
- By accepting the prize for winning the contest, the winner is hereby agreeing that he/she will sign a contract assigning all of his/her intellectual property rights to Central Connecticut State University, the Board of Regents for Higher Education and the State of Connecticut.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant acknowledges that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules.
If you have any questions or need additional information please contact Renata Vickrey at email@example.com or call at 860 832-2085.
If you are looking for tips to great logo design for the web, there is a very helpful article from smashingmagazine.com!