To Help You Use the New CentralSearch, We Made 3 Short Video Tutorials!
The videos are available via our LibGuide at: http://libguides.ccsu.edu/centralsearch
Or directly on our Vimeo channel – https://vimeo.com/album/4377483
Overview of Library Website will teach you how to:
-understand the difference between search options in CentralSEARCH
-determine which search options to use based on your information need
-locate inter-library loan services, special collections, LibGuides, and citation resources on the website
-get help from a librarian
Finding Articles Using the New CentralSearch will teach you how to:
-log in to your library account
-search effectively for academic journal articles in CentralSearch
-determine whether to read an article
-retrieve articles in full-text or via interlibrary loan
Finding Books Using the New CentralSearch will teach you how to:
-log in to your library account
-search effectively for print books and media
-determine whether to retrieve an item for further study
-search for and request items from another library
Training and information sessions on new CentralSearch library system!
Burritt Library 2nd floor classroom # 205
12:00 – 1:00 PM
Tuesday Jan.31st and Wednesday, Feb.1st
Bring your lunch and learn more about:
- Searching for materials
- Submitting materials for Course Reserves
- Making plans for library instruction
- Request materials from other campuses
- Bring any concerns and questions you might have regarding the new system
For additional information please email: elihuburrittlibrary @ccsu.edu
As many have noticed, we now have new CentralSearch that will be taking the place of our old CentralSearch and CONSULS. Library staff are working hard to get the new system to provide the same services that CONSULS has provided faculty, staff, and students for many years. We had hoped to be able to provide faculty and staff more time to make the necessary adjustments to your courses but unfortunately the timeline for the implementation was such that we were unable to do it before the semester begins.
Please be on the look out for more information about CentralSearch and the new systems development as we are making plans to conduct user focus groups and finding other ways to reach out to faculty, staff, and students for feedback and suggestions to improve the user experience. We will also be making plans to provide training sessions to help everyone through the transition to the new system.
- Please submit your materials for Course Reserves as soon as possible so that we can make every effort to make them available before the start of classes.
- As you are making plans for library instruction, please make sure to mention to library staff any concerns or questions you have about CentralSearch so that they can be addressed before the instruction session.
- Continue to use Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) to request any materials that are not available here at CCSU, a formal announcement will be made when the Request functionality in CentralSearch has been fully implemented. Materials will continue to be sent from the other campuses with the same turnaround time of approximately three days.
- If you are having an issue and would like to report a technical issue with CentralSearch or any of our eResources, please submit it through this link: http://ccsu.libanalytics.com/tw.php?i=721&d=478&w=347
- You can find the link to enter a technical support ticket can be found at the bottom of the library website.
- **ALSO OF NOTE, there is a new sign in to authenticate users:
CCSU users will be prompted to authenticate (access resources from off-campus, view library account, etc.) with the following screen:
- To sign in, use your BlueNet username and append @ccsu.edu to it. Your password will be your current BlueNet password.
Please let us know what we can do to help you!
eResources: Kristin D’Amato (x22074) or Sarah Lawson (x22076)
CentralSearch: Sharon Clapp (x22059)
Course Reserves: Jamie Ortiz (x23406) or Kim Farrington (x23403)
“My Library Account”: Kim Farrington (x23403)
Any other questions: Dana Hanford (x22058)
The Elihu Burritt Library is excited to present our newly renovated CentralSEARCH.
CentralSEARCH, the library’s main discovery portal, has received a new look, some added functionality, and access to even more great resources. Our new system is integrated with 16 other academic institutions in the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities consortium, as well as the Connecticut State Library. As a result, you can expect increased access to and delivery of physical resources at all of these institutions.
With our new system, there will also be a new sign in to authenticate users when accessing their library account or when accessing library materials and online resources from off-campus. More information and instruction about this process can be found here:
CentralSEARCH Sign in Help
We expect there will be a few bumps along the way as we continue to customize the system to best meet the needs of our campus community and ask that you be patient with us throughout this transition.
If you have questions or encounter any issues, please contact the library at one of the numbers below or use our
Ask a librarian service.
Reference Department ext. 22060
Circulation Department ext. 23410
The Connecticut State Universities and the Connecticut State Library, members of the CONSULS resource sharing consortium, will discontinue the “REQUEST’ service to share books and media between all 5 libraries as of early morning on Friday, December 23, 2016. This action is taken in advance of the transition to the new expanded CSCU 18-member consortium. Request services will return on January. 9, 2017.
IF you need materials that are in the CONSULS Consortium collections, but not by CCSU library, you should place orders with our Interlibrary Loan office, using ILLiad. This temporary solution will expire on January 9, 2017.
We expect that materials will be continued to be shipped via usual channel and that there should not be a marked difference in delivery time.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah White, (860-832-3408) or Kim Farrington (860-832-3403), Head of Access Services.
Enjoy reading about the upcoming changes to the integrated library system. The article is from The Recorder, published on December 7, 2016.
The Fall 2016 Elihu Burritt Library Newsletter is here!
- Read about our successful “5 Minutes of My Favorite Book” event
- Get in on the Open Educational Resources (OER) movement, for the good of our students (and their wallets)
- Celebrate with us as we congratulate Undergraduate Research Award winners, and save the date for Elihu Burritt’s birthday party (yes, there will be cake)!
- Learn about the new look for CENTRALSearch as we look toward a new year
- Consider the importance of hearing different viewpoints as we reflect on Banned Books Week, and get to know library support staff member Kelly Moore
- As Library Director Carl Antonucci notes, the library is in the middle of a transformation; these are exciting times!
— On behalf of the editor, Briana McGuckin, Reference & Instructional Librarian
Some exciting changes are coming to CENTRALSearch in January 2017. The Library’s main discovery portal will be getting a new look, some added functionality, and access to even more great physical resources.
Over the past year, librarians and staff throughout the CSCU system and the Connecticut State Library have been working to join forces and data in order to migrate together to a new shared library management system. Many cross-institutional teams were formed and are currently hard at work to ensure that the new system will deliver the best user experience possible to our patrons. The consolidated database will provide increased access to and delivery of physical resources at all the state universities, community colleges, and the Connecticut State Library.
More information about this endeavor will be forthcoming. Please watch the library’s website (http://library.ccsu.edu/) for more details!