We are excited to announce that the library’s Maker Space, which has been closed since the COVID-19 campus shutdown, is once again open to the CCSU Community.
The Maker Space has been completely revamped with all new equipment!
The Maker Space now includes:
- Two brand new MakerBot Sketch Large 3D Printers, that we have named Elie and Hugh. These printers are more reliable, faster, and larger than the 3D printers they are replacing. We’re really excited about them.
- A Cricut Maker 3 Cutting Machine.
- An Ellison Prestige Pro Die Cutting Machine for cutting out premade shapes. This manual machine is great for tri-fold presentation boards, scrapbooking, posters, and more.
- COMING SOON: A Brother XR9550 Computerized Sewing Machine
- COMING SOON: LEGO Mindstorms Robot Inventor Kit and bulk LEGO
Location and Access
The Maker Space is in Room 209 of Elihu Burritt Library. As this is an office space, use of the Maker Space is limited to normal business hours. We recommend that you book an appointment to make sure that a staff member will be available to assist you.
- 3D printing jobs are managed by library staff and can be submitted through a form found on the Maker Space webpage.
- Users creating projects using the Cricut Maker 3 must provide their own materials.
We would love to work with you on integrating these tools into class projects. Please contact Steven Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or X2-2079 to get the ball rolling.
All this information and more can be found on the Library Maker Space’s Web page: https://libguides.ccsu.edu/makerspace