Welcome (or welcome back) to CCSU from the Elihu Burritt Library! If you’re new to the library, you might want to review the guide we designed for First Year (/Transfer) students or our New to the Library? brochure.
A list of library services and changes to those services for the 2023-24 academic year are highlighted at https://libguides.ccsu.edu/2023-24. (Note: Stack 1 will be closed throughout the construction project. Staff will be happy to retrieve materials from this section at your request. Some stacks may be closed intermittently during the construction process.)
The staff at the Elihu Burritt Library are here to support you in any way that we can, answering questions, helping you find books, and offering great places to study, in groups or individually. We have dedicated quiet spaces on the 4th floor and Stack 7.
Be resourceful (& save money)
We can help you access course and research materials at no cost to you.
- Course textbooks for free (in-library) use through reserves. Request from our staff at the 1st floor desk, they’ll want your professor’s name and course number, if you have it.
- Some course readings are digital and will be available online through course reserves via CentralSearch (you may need your Bluenet ID to login).
- We offer subscription databases that allow you to get access to high-quality scholarly journals and primary resources, avoiding paywalls by authenticating with your Bluenet ID. Even if you find it through another service, outside of CCSU, if you hit a paywall with a scholarly article that you may need, try searching our CentralSearch or individual databases.
- Get materials from other libraries with the help of our interlibrary loan department. This includes many scholarly writings/materials to which the library does not subscribe, but which may be available through ILL (i.e., using the ILLiad system) or through Resource Sharing Services which are launched from CentralSearch.
Get help (& research better)
Librarians are here to help you with your research assignments.
- Service desks on the first and second floors are staffed during the library’s open hours. Reference librarians are working the second floor information desk while the library is open.
- Research librarians are also available by phone, text, or through our online “Ask a Librarian” service.
- Get in-depth help with your research papers using our online “Book a Librarian” service.
Learn at the library (& have fun)
This spring at the library, you can:
- Try out our newly refurbished MakerSpace with 3d printers and other equipment that any CCSU student can use.
- Enter to win a library research award! Two prizes of $350 will be awarded — one to an undergraduate student and the other to a graduate student — during the 2024 spring semester at the University Research and Creative Achievement Day (URCAD).
- Watch for our National Library Week celebrations, April 7-13th.
Good luck (& see you soon!)
Good luck this semester & we look forward to seeing you here at the Elihu Burritt Library!