To print and process paging slips (OUTGOING REQUESTS):
- Go to Pick from Shelf under Resource Requests in Alma.
- Click on each school under Pickup Institution on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click on each item or Select All for the items in each institution.
- Select Print Slips and Execute.
- After slips print, retrieve them from the shelves. Cancel any requests that are from CCSU students, staff, and faculty that the CCSU library already has available.
- When retrieving the items from the shelves, separate them by pick-up institution.
- Once items have been retrieved, go to Scan In Items under Resource Requests in Alma. The boxes above the Scan Item Barcode should be blank.
- Scan each item barcode. Items will be placed In-Transit and are ready to be shipped.
- Using the shipping labels in the workroom, ship the items to their necessary destinations.
- For ECSU, SCSU, and WCSU items, you can bag them using the large plastic bags in the workroom and place them in the mail bins outside of Stack 1 for the DAS courier to ship.
- For community college and CSL (CT State Library) items, you can seal them in a padded or bubble envelope found in the workroom and tape the corresponding label to the front of the envelope. For any media (CDs, videos, DVDs), please put them in a box. Be sure to cross off any print found on the reusable envelope or box with a sharpie. These items can also be placed in the mail bins outside of Stack 1 for the DAS Courier to ship.
When items (INCOMING REQUESTS) from other institutions arrive at CCSU to be put on the hold-shelf:
- Go to Scan in Items under Resource Requests in Alma.
- Select Item from Another Institution.
- Select Institution of item in drop down box.
- Scan item barcode.
- Item will be removed from In-Transit status and can be put on holdshelf. Patron will be notified via e-mail.
- Click on Active Hold Shelf link, under Fulfillment/Resource Requests
- Sort by Title (Default is by Requester Name)
- When you find the correct title, click Cancel Request
- Select a reason and SAVE