Updated Circulation Desk Guidelines for All CCSU Students, Faculty, Staff, and Guest Borrowers (As of August 24, 2017)
- You must have a currently valid Blue Chip I.D. Card or CCSU Library-issued Guest Borrower Card to borrow any library materials, including reserve items. Cards are non-transferable. Privileges and services of the University are available only to the person identified on the Blue Chip or Guest Borrower Card.
- All books in the general collection as well as Curriculum Lab items circulate for four weeks. All music CD’s, videos, DVD’s, and computer software (multimedia) circulate for two weeks.
- CCSU Doctoral Students: Books in the general collection will circulate for a semester loan. All music CD’s, videos, DVD’s, and computer software (multimedia) circulate for two weeks. For fines and replacement charge policies, see #6 & 7.
- CCSU students may have as many as twenty-five items charged out at any one time. This total includes books from all of the CSU consortial campuses. CCSU staff and faculty have no borrowing limit. CCSU Guest Borrowers may charge out as many as fifteen items at any one time.
- Renewals: All materials may be renewed twice by CCSU students, faculty, and staff if not on hold for another patron. You may renew online if the item is not overdue. You may also renew in person or over the phone.
- Fine: 10 cents per day per item. Maximum fine is $10.00 per item.
- Replacement Charges: Lost or damaged material – $75.00 replacement cost plus $25.00 non-refundable processing fee per item. Registration and/or transcripts may be withheld until the account is settled.
- For library hours and other information, call (860) 832-2055 or go to ccsu.edu.
- If you have any questions about any of the Circulation Dept. policies, please call (860) 832-3410, during regular library hours.