PATRONS SHOULD PAY OVERDUE FINES TO RENEW A BOOK!
1. Pull up the Patron’s record in Millennium.
2. Click on Checked-Out Items tab and select the overdue items that need to be renewed. If the patron already has the items with them, you can scan the item barcodes and check the items out again. NOTE: Only items that have not already been renewed and are not two-week non-renewable items qualify for renewal.
3. Millennium will respond, “Renew and Add Fines” or “Renew with No Fines.” Choose “Renew and Add Fines.”
4. Total Fine amount will appear in Fines tab. Collect overdue fines from patron.
5. If items are present, cross off old date and stamp items with new due date. You can also print a copy of all the items they have checked out with the due dates.