Sometimes, an item needs to be removed from the hold shelf for one reason or another (i.e. the patron no longer needs it anymore; it’s not the book the patron wanted; etc.). Here’s how you cancel an item already on the hold shelf (NOTE: This only applies to CCSU items for CCSU patrons):
1. Go to Active Hold Shelf under Fulfillment<Resource Requests.
2. Find the item you want to remove from the hold shelf. Click on Cancel Request.
3. Select Cancellation Reason. Make sure box to Notify User is checked (unless not needed).
4. Click on Confirm. The item can be removed from the hold shelf and put on a cart to be re-shelved.
If the item is missing from the hold shelf:
- Go to Active Hold Shelf under Fulfillment<Resource Requests.
- Find the item missing from the hold shelf. Click on Mark as Missing.
- When the system asks “Are You Sure?,” say yes.
- A notice will be automatically sent to the patron that the hold was canceled because the item is missing.